How is Jesus superior to the angels?
- a superior name (Hebrews 1:4)
- a superior relationship with God (Hebrews 1:5)
- a superior over the angels (Hebrews 1:6)
- a superior position in the kingdom of God (Hebrews 1:7,8)
- a superior love for righteousness (Hebrews 1:9)
- a superior in accomplishments (Hebrews 1:10)
- a superior position over all (Hebrews 1:13)
- a superior message (Hebrews 2:1-3)
What does Hebrews 1:4-12 tell us about Jesus?
- much better than the angels (4)
- inherited a more excellent name than the angels (4)
- firstbegotten of the Father (6)
- God (8)
- loves righteousness and hates iniquity (9)
- above His fellows (9)
- everlasting and unchanging (11,12)
- He shall wrap things up (12)
Excerpted from That We Might Know Him
God has done something far superior:
“[God] hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds” (Hebrews 1:2).
Am I genuinely interested in listening to what He has to say?
I want my answer to those last two questions to be a simple, sincere, life-changing, “Yes!”
Adapted from By His Son